Types of Treatment
Functional Capacity Evaluations
A functional capacity evaluation, or FCE, is performed to determine if an individual is capable of returning to work safely and efficiently after an injury or illness.
The FCE process compares the individual's health status, body functions, and structures to the demands of the job and the work environment. Performed by a WorkSTEPS-licensed physical therapist, a typical FCE consists of a battery of one-on-one standardized physical and cognitive assessments that offer results in performance-based measures and demonstrates predictive value about the individual's return to work.
FCEs assist employers, physicians, insurance companies, attorneys, case managers and vocational consultants in determining safe, functional levels for an individual to either return to work or to establish functional ability.
Who Benefits from a Functional Capacity Evaluation?
- Someone seeking to return to work after an injury or illness
- Someone applying for Social Security Disability benefits
- Someone injured in a catastrophic accident (i.e., automobile accident) for whom an FCE can determine performance skills and abilities related to resuming former employment or a new job
- Someone seeking vocational rehabilitation services
- Students receiving transitional services from school to the work setting to determine their skills and the extent of support required to perform in a job
Don’t wait. Free yourself now from your physical limitations.
Here's what some of our patients had to say
My pain was so bad it was impacting my running and making my training very difficult and painful. With their help I was able to achieve my goal of qualifying for the Boston Marathon! I am so thankful to all the staff for all they did for me and making me feel like I was…
This place is amazing. The people are outstanding. I love the way they explain what to do and why and will remind you when you forget. They are kind and realize you may be hurting. They are always timely and friendly. I thank all of you.
I came to BRPT Lake at the Lee Drive location after ACL reconstruction and meniscus surgery. Jamie, Donna and YuYi have all been just wonderful! I’ll be glad when therapy is over, but I will miss all these ladies.
Best place ever. I had at least 4 separate injuries/surgeries where I needed therapy for my knee and back. Each time Tyler, Seth and crew got me back on track. You can’t beat their personal attention to your specific needs.