More on Pilates
Benefits of Pilates
- Improved posture and balance.
- Increased flexibility and coordination.
- Increased strength, specifically "core" muscles-back and abdominals.
- Improved lung capacity.
- Decreased overall stress with focus on mind and body rejuvenation.
Who can benefit from Pilates?
- Elderly clients who need to gain postural strength without stress to their joints.
- People with a history of musculoskeletal problems or injury.
- People with chronic conditions such as osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Very fit individuals and athletes who are looking for a challenge.
- Anyone who wants to strengthen their "core" without adding bulk or size.
Our Great Team of InstructorsOur team of instructors, combined, has over 40 years experience, and continually updates their training with nationally known teachers. In addition, they have logged countless hours of client instruction so they are able to guide anyone through a program that is safe, effective and progresses logically. Choosing quality teachers is vital to the success of any Pilates program, and we feel that our team is superior to any other in the area. Balanced Body is led by Pilates Director, Jude Chatelain.
Tara Elkins has been with Balanced Body since 2001. She first started as a very dedicated client attending classes 5 days a week. She received her West Coast Pilates instructor certification in June 2006 and has taught classes at Balanced Body ever since.
Heidi Hebert started taking Pilates in 2009. She is currently a high school head softball coach and Physical Education Teacher. She received her Pilates Mat/Coreband/Magic Circle certification in 2009. Heidi is currently pursuing more of her Pilates certifications with Kathy Corey Pilates.